What's different about Episkopi Primary?
We have many Specialist teachers and learning support assistants (LSAs), with dedicated rooms for the creative areas of our curriculum, including a newly appointed outdoor classroom for Forest schools, Art, Computing, Wellness, Modern Foreign Languages, Design & Technology and Music.
• We have a lively and engaging curriculum, which teachers bring to life by making the most of the Cyprus locality and by building in exciting opportunities to experience history and geography first-hand.
• We offer a wide range of out of hours experiences which extend learning outside the classroom and beyond the school day.
• We teach more than the previously recommended contact time in all phases of school, and by not having a lunch break we finish early, giving children the chance to enjoy a Mediterranean lifestyle and attend a variety of clubs, both at school and on the base, in the afternoon.
• Many of our children are with us for a relatively short period of time, so we aim to ensure that not only do they make great progress with us, as evidenced in test results, but that they are also taught to be confident and successful learners. We actively teach children to reflect on their personal strengths and areas for development so that they build lifelong learning skills.
• Children in our school are expected to understand about responsibility and to promote this we have a number of school committees to which children are nominated by their class members: School Council, Charities Committee, Eco Warriors, Energy Monitors, Newsletter Committee, Digital Leaders, Young Einsteins.